Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Draw on and share your strong financial management skills and experience
- Showcase your strong communication & organisational skills to assist teams to manage their competing priorities.
- Being able to adapt in a changing environment.
- Sustain your attention to detail
Things You’ll Do:
The Financial Accountant is responsible for ensuring the accounting function of Council is efficient, effective and meticulously well maintained. It will provide valuable assistance to the Team Leader Accounting Services, the Senior Financial Accountant and also the senior accountants in relation to fulfilling financial management obligations.
The role will:
- Assist with facilitating the financial accounting function of Council including fulfilling its obligations under Australia Accounting Standards issued by the AASB, its obligations under the Local Government Act 1993 including compliance with the NSW Local Government Code of Accounting practice and Financial Reporting.
- Assist with the facilitation of Council fulfilling its taxation obligations, including those required under the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 and Fringe Benefits Tax Assessment Act 1986.
- Ensure the completion of reconciliations including the investigation, reporting and clearing of variances, for Council's Balance Sheet accounts in its General Ledger.
- Underake all aspects of asset accounting as they relate to the compliance with the accounting standards issued by the Australian Accounting Standards Board.
- Provide ongoing processes for monthly administrations of financial system variables and the associated reconciliations.
- Assist with the managment of Council's loans and leases portfolio and the nesessary compliance with any relevant AASB Accounting Standards.
- Facilitate the effective managment of council's externally restricted funds, including security bonds, deposits, grants, and developer contributions, in collaboration with other areas of Council to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Assist the Team Leader Accounting Services and the Senior Financial Accountant with the management of the interim and year end external auditing reporting requirements.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Working with a well functioning team and progressive Council
- Having well aligned values to that of the organisation
- Playing a vital role within the organisation
The Fine Print:
- Apply by responding to the positions targeted questions and attach your resume!
- Get your application in by 10pm: 27 November 2020
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week commencing 7 December 2020
- Package: $76,00 to $80,500 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent full time, 35 hrs per week, 19 day month (flexitime)
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme
- Novated lease options available.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description.
- Reach out to Oliver Guo, Team Leader Accounting Services & Systems, on 9710 0988 for job specific enquiries
- Selina Portlock, Talent Acquisition Business Partner can assist with any recruitment related enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org