Senior Finance Business Partner
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Providing value and insightful financial analysis for major projects, proposals and business cases.
- You will apply your strong knowledge and experience in providing financial business partnering services.
- Being able to adapt in a changing environment.
- Showcase and share your technical skills
Things You’ll Do:
Reporting to the Team Leader Financial Planning & Analysis, you will be reponsible for the following:
- Provide support in the preparation of advice and analysis on prioritisation and funding for budget proposals, major capital projects and contribute to cluster wide financial management improvement inititiatives.
- Provide timely, high level support to the Chief Financial Officer, Team Leader Financial Planning & Analysis and other senior members of the organisation with budget preparation, reporting, including monthly, program reporting and full year projections.
- Drive improved individual unit performance by partnering with unit managers and key stakeholders within Council to develop improved strategies, actions and reporting.
- Assess, monitor and review key risks and opportunities for major projects and proposals through the use of advanced financial analysis skills to develolp financial models and support critical strategic, commercial, operational and project business decisions.
- Support, challenge and influence Directors and their senior managers in key operational and strategic decisions using insights, analysis and problem solving skills.
- Drive multi-disciplinary work teams on special projects that may arise such as multifaceted reporting, benchmarking, risk management and tender evaluation panels.
- Facilitate budgets and monthly forecasting to meet strict deadlines and be the primary contact between Financial Services and assigned operational Divisions to ensure high level financial information is delivered to assist in decision making.
- Deliver insights that link financial reports to business strategies and provide critical analysis, review and commentary.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships and stakeholder management to deliver improved financial capability across a diverse group of Directors and senior managers and employees with various levels of skills, knowledge and experience.
- Operate within a busy and changeing environment and meet business deadlines.
- Provide Capital works performance reporting and insights, including process improvement and improved cash flow modelling.
- Oversight and coordination of the organisations capital works long term budgeting and forward estimates.
- Develop and/or maintain complex financial models to support effective decision making.
- Manage and develop best practise models for costing of services across the organisation in order to better inform strategic and operational decision making.
- Prepare and develop best practice resports, dashboards and financial modelling tools to provide business performance insights including the enhancement of the Shire's long term financial model.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Working with a well functioning team and progressive Council
- Having well aligned values to that of the organisation
- Playing a vital role within the organisation
The Fine Print:
- Apply by responding to the positions targeted questions and attach your resume!
- Get your application in by 10pm: 27 November 2020
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week commencing 30 November 2020
- Package: $101,100 to $107,200 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent full time, 35 hrs per week, 19 day month (flexitime)
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme
- Novated lease options available.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Steven Baker, Team Leader Financial Planning & Analysis on 9710 0865 for job specific enquiries
- Selina Portlock, Talent Acquisition Business Partner can assist with any recruitment related enquiries - email@example.com