Work Health and Safety Officer
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Ensuring our community, employees and stakeholders believe in Council’s ability to achieve its strategic outcomes by ensuring that Council identifies and manages risk associated with its services.
- Support the development of the organisations safety culture and ensure an environment where our people feel mentally and physically safe at work and take ownership for safety at all levels.
- Fostering effective, collaborative and supportive working relationships and partnerships with all business units through the provision of Council’s WHS Systems, Policy and Procedures
Things You’ll Do:
- Use your strong Work Health and Safety experience to provide expert advice and support to the team and their stakeholders
- Apply your strong communications skills to all levels of staff to effectively promote, educate, embed and improve Council’s safety culture
- Enable the ongoing development, design and integration of Councils WHS System policy and procedures
- Support the facilitation of the ongoing development, design and integration of Council’s Injury Management policy and procedures, Return to Work Plans and Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Undertake research to facilitate ongoing review of WHS, Injury Management and Risk Management functions to provide advice on the changing environment, emerging issues and opportunities.
- Showcase Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Acheive, Respect and Evolve.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Working for a collaborative and progressive Council
- Having well aligned values to that of the organisation
- The positive impact you make for our people, business units and the community
- Working within a dynamic team of Risk, Insurance, WHS and Injury Management Professionals
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and cover letter and responding to our online application questions showcasing why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm: Tuesday 1 December 2020
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week commencing 7 December 2020
- Package: $67,000 - $71,000 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent Full Time 35 hours per week with option of a 19 day month
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to JoAnne Shacketon (Team Leader Risk) on 9710 0140 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for any job specific enquiries
- Breanna Rivers (Talent Acquisition Business Partner) email@example.com, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries.